Deciding we need help and having the desire to change something about ourselves is a huge personal strength.
Psychological treatment can help an individual to process previous emotional trauma, overcome some of life’s obstacles, change their thinking in some way for the better, understand themselves and their motivations that drive them to behave in unhelpful ways.
At Clinical Psychology Enterprise, we use an integrated, formulation driven approach to psychological assessment and treatment. Dr Formby is a qualified and experienced Clinical Psychologist, who provides treatment tailored to meet the needs of individuals, using evidence based methods and techniques.
We use a range of therapeutic techniques that include:
- Eye Movement Reprocessing and Desensitisation (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Behavioural Techniques
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Compassion focused
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Therapies
- Solution Focused Therapy
Dr Formby can provide treatment for traumas that have occurred, either as a single event e.g. an accident, or as multiple traumas that have occurred over a number of years. This would likely include a combination of EMDR and CBT treatments.
We can treat a broad spectrum of problems including:
- Anxiety / Stress
- Obsessions and Compulsions
- Depression / Low Mood
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship difficulties
- Family and carer difficulties (including dementia)
- Work related issues
- Physical Health adjustment and Pain problems
- Addictions, Alcohol, Drugs, Gambling, Pornography
- Anger management issues
- Adjustment to life changes